Chuck’s Furniture and Mattress is located in Morgantown, West Virginia and has been a staple to the region for nearly 50 years. It offers an unparalleled range of furniture for the entire home including living room, dining, bedroom, mattress, home office, entertainment, outdoor, and more. The store’s customer service, support, quality, and price are known through West Virginia and beyond.
Fun Facts about Chuck's Furniture
- Chuck’s Furniture and Mattress is the largest furniture showroom in West Virginia
- Chuck Prutilpac first opened the store in 1967, and today, Chuck’s children and grandchildren run the store (and you can still find Chuck around most days, too!)
- Chuck’s Furniture has tens of thousands of custom product options available to its customers
- Unlike most furniture stores, you can also select a piece from the Chuck’s showroom floor and take it home that day.
- Chuck’s offers cash and credit card discounts or 0% financing for up to five years for qualified customers any day of the year.
- The popular saying “To the right, to the right, to the right of the Morgantown Mall!” was started by Chuck’s Furniture in the 1990s and is still well known today!
The History of Chuck's Furniture
“I hear stories all the time from people who bought their first dining room table from my grandfather when they got married 40 or 50 years ago, and they’re still shopping,” James Prutilpac, Jr says. “The community has been and will continue to be important to any success that we have.”
Established in 1967, Chuck’s Furniture started out as a small, family owned retail furniture store run out of a warehouse in Morgantown, WV. Nearly 50 years later, Chuck’s has over 100,000 square feet of space, displaying some of the highest quality home furnishings found anywhere. Although we have grown and changed over the years our beliefs in quality, service and customer satisfaction have remained the same. Now with several generations of our family working together, it is our priority to help you choose the furniture that helps make your house a home.
A Timeline of Chuck's Furniture
- 1967 - Chuck started his furniture store in a 2,500 square foot building that included showroom and warehouse in downtown Westover.
- 1975 - Chuck’s Furniture moved to present location and built a 7,500 square foot showroom.
- 1979 - A fire destroyed entire building. With the help of the community, Chuck’s was able to resume business again after just three days, working out of the warehouse as a rebuild began.
- 1979 - Chuck’s rebuilt a new 8,500 square foot building.
- 1988 - Chuck’s connected the warehouse with the main store, increasing showroom size to 16,500 square feet.
- 1992 - Chuck’s added a second story to entire store, adding another 16,000 square feet.
- 1998 - Chuck’s built a 35,000 square feet addition to the back of the store.
- 2002 - Chuck’s built a 35,000 square feet state-of-the-art, fully-racked warehouse. This enabled us to carry ten times the inventory that we previously could.
- 2014 - Chuck’s built and opened its sister store, Pac 5 Furniture, to meet the diverse furniture needs of the community.